Friday, July 22, 2016

Why Are You Here? A Better Answer

At BAR (which was so, so long ago now - organizers when is the next one?) one of the organizers asked why we had decided to go.

The Man had a great answer - "Because the Lady told me" and I don't remember what my answer was, but I do remember I wasn't 100% happy with it. Here is how I ended up at BAR.

After our Loki died, our vet said we should get a schiperke. I had never heard of this breed of dog (Belgium Water Dog). He said he thought they were a good breed as they had very few health problems. After dealing with  immune mediated hepatitis that caused cirrhosis of the liver for a year that seemed like a wonderful idea. So I started looking into the breed and I happened upon an 8 month old puppy on PetFinder who was listed as a schiperke in our area.


That puppy was Hailey and soon she was calling our house her home.  After only a few days of being Hailey's Lady, I realized she was a lot of dog and I was going to need an outlet to help me cope with her. Also, I wanted a place where the people who rescued her could see she was having a good life. Through blogging (I was probably at least a year in), I found other dog bloggers and ended up as a citizen of Blogville. 

After reading so many wonderful blogs over a few years, and getting to virtual know some clearly cool cats and dogs (and people), when the opportunity arose to meet them and live my RV dream I took it.

So my dogs ended up standing on a picnic table in Indiana because of my vet. He suggest a breed which led to Hailey (who ironically we do not believe is a schiperke - we think she is some cattle dog mix), which led to a blog, which took me to Blogville, which lead us to BAR. 

It is not something I would have ever predicted, but I must say, something I am super glad worked out the way it did. Thanks again Woody!



PS: We have some special celebrating to do on Monday so stop by!
PPS: We are going to do our house tour on either August 1st or 2nd as our 4 years in the house celebrations. 
PPPS: We have a lot of celebrating coming up! 

21 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    wwwooooohooooooo CELEBRATIONS... can't wait.... meanwhile, nice memories, eh? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Bailey was too sick for us to even consider going but Dog Dad said it would be cool to try going to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your Lady's answer is PURRFECT!!!! We don't recall what she said at BAR but we did recall what the Man said because that is also what my Dad said. You know happy wife happy life yada yada yada.
    I love this part you said ,"So my dogs ended up standing on a picnic table in Indiana because of my vet. Funny thing is none of the dogs on that table are really allowed on tables I bet! MOLMOLMOL
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. See ya on Monday then.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great answer but we liked Sam's answer too BOL! Was it just last month that we were all sweating in Indiana? Waiting for the tour. Maybe we better get some popcorn!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Summer with dog,lovely foto group , greeting from Belgium




    ReplyDelete
  7. Only the ears look schipperke. Sometimes it's better to get what you get than what you wanted. Isn't it wonderful to be able to trace your path to where you ended up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hailey is lucky to have a home with you guys. Thanks for sharing her and Zaphod with us. By the way, what's BAR?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Lexi. Sometimes when you "get what you get" she turns out to be exactly what you need. And then you name her Cupcake and live happily ever after.... Wait. What?

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are all sitting so nicely, that must have been an awesome time you all had at the BAR.
    Thank you for your kind words about Dip.
    Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great story! We wish we'd have been able to make the BAR!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a fantastic story. Our dogs often lead us to un-thought of destinations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. isn't it funny how things work out. So glad you started blogging and found blogville!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many of us have met so many great friends through blogging even if we still haven't met in the furs. But sometimes we feel like we know some of our pals just as if we had really met up. Maybe we can get to go to another BAR meetup.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Hailey's vettie!!! I am so glads you are part of Blogville, butts sad that I didn't gets to stand on that table with you! I find that doggies open up all kinds of people connections! There is just something universal abouts doggies and the peeps they love!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe yeah when is the next BAR?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hot diggity, my family had a Schipperke/Basenji mix!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great story. Hailey is much bigger than a schiperke so we doubt she has any of that in her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. BAR looks like a lot of fun. Hailey whatever breed you are we think you are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3 bum swings! 3 more!
    Sounds like a wooftastic time. Thanks for sharing it!

    Nose nudges,
    CEO Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!