|They needed some dinner excitement! - Hailey|
Hailey, our resident janitor ran over, before Man or Lady could get her out, she had a couple licks of the ketchup.
Man and Lady cleaned up the ketchup from the floor and the cupboards and sat down to eat.
This is when Hailey, who had just finished her dinner before the ketchup was spilt, started to throw up. She threw up, Man and Lady cleaned it up, sat down and she threw up again. This happened until she had thrown up 4 times.
This is when Lady looked up online and saw that ketchup and tomato sauce were toxic to dogs. This was something they didn't know. It isn't a food they would normally give the pups.
They watched Hailey carefully for the rest of the evening, although within minutes she seemed herself. It was good her body worked so hard to dispel the poison. They offered her a light treat later as she had thrown up dinner.
They were lucky she was fine. They learned a valuable lesson about tomato sauce with only two minor consequences: they ate a cold dinner and the next morning Hailey's very hungry belly wanted to be up early.