Saturday, March 1, 2014

Catch up Saturday

Lady has had an insane work week (several days of 14 hour days) and she has to work today, so she says Sunday we will catch up with all of you (she did OK with visiting until Thursday and then it went to heck!)

The News from here:

Uncle Chris came over Friday night and stayed over. He is taking Emma home today. We have had a good visit and will miss her.

Until next time Emma!


Today we take a minute to remember our cousin Lemew. He died a year ago today.

Now to the comments:

Sunday: Dreaming of Spring
It got really cold again this week. It was acceptable until Friday, when our walk was only the 60 steps to the end of the driveway and back. Spring is 20 days away!

Mischief Monday: Man's Bad Day
Lady admits she did laugh a little at the Man for all his troubles. It really was his own fault. We are happy to report he hasn't driven into any snowbanks this week!

We have only seen Shadow one time and we were inside and he was out. We do hope he gets the help he needs to be an excellent dog. We hope that whatever happened was related to being new around here.

Lady says thank you to everyone who voted and for your congrats for the Canadian Blog Awards Best Pet Blog. She still has no idea how she got on the list. So thanks to whomever is responsible for that.

Tasty Tuesday:
We are going to check out the foods you suggested. We are also sharing them with a friend who welcomed a 7 year old rescue into her family this week. We purposely avoid seafood in this house as the Man has a sensitivity and we don't want to make him sick (he does enough to himself!).
The Canadian food she was thinking of was Boreal.

Wordless Wednesday:
That picture of Loki was taken in June of 2009. This was around the time he was diagnosed with his immune disorder (and 11 months before he died at age 8). The side effect of one of his drugs was that baby soft fur. It was a great side effect! Seeing the pictures of it reminds me of how soft it was.

Training Thursday: Loving Hailey:
Thank you all for the support on this topic. I thought hard about sharing this or not. But I have always tried to keep my blog honest and this is the honest place we have been sitting in. I do realize much of the problem is cause by me and some by the weather. I did try the treadmill earlier in the winter, but it has fallen off the radar, must put that back in. The past few weeks have been easier as I have had a better attitude, the weather has been nicer, and Hailey and Emma have found ways to play. We will keep looking for solutions and take the time to celebrate our successes. I know at the end of the day, it is going to be Hailey whose memory burns the brightest in our house! She is unforgettable!

Feline Friday:
I really do hope to catch Baggy loving one of the dogs again, but I don't hold my breathe. I live with the comfort that he is content in his old age.

19 comments:

  1. We are still laughing at the Man Bawahhwhahhahwaa Have a super weekend xxoxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a super Saturday even if you are working and we hope you get some me time at least tomorrow.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 days until spring.......its going to be a LONG 20 days we think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Emma will visit you again soon. We should count the last 20 days to spring together :o) Have a super saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gonna be a LONG and SNOWY wait fur Spring we fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope you have a great weekend and just keep remembering it's only 20 days until Spring! :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww rest easy Lemew.
    Yep, spring is almost here, but I'd keep winter if we could! haha! Although Spring will be a refreshing change I suppose, But not as much fun for huskies!
    ((husky hugz))
    frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a busy week! Sorry about Man's snow troubles. BOL We've all had a rough winter.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling. It seems like as soon as I am caught up, it all goes out the window super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats always nice to have company. Have a great weekend
    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  11. We never catch up, we just hope everyone will always forgive us.
    Luvs Freya Rose Blossom, Cat Flap Cavalier x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry about Lemew ((((hugs))) Your Mom does an amazing job for having to work AND blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well get all caught up the enjoy them Puppers and Kitties to relax, Thats what Mom & Dad do with us, we are their unwinders!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hailey and Phod tell your Lafy she writes beautifully. This is a lovely post!
    I decided to share my early Madi trials and tribulations next week. I hope it is ok if I mention hailey's post.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another busy week. Our life is positively boring. We've had three days of RAIN...we're all a bit stir-crazy. Having an old animal who is content.... something we all strive for.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your comment about Loki reminded me of K. One of the side effects of one of her meds was the silkiest softest fur I've ever felt. Thanks for a wonderful memory.

    I hope that work calms down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the recap...we had to go back to Monday and read about that! What a day for Pop!
    Hope he got some extra bacon, hot tea, a beer and his cozy slippers!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Human has been helping me post, but sheesh! She has hardly been helping me visit my furiends at ALL! She gets home from work and then she tells me she's all "tiiiiiiiired" and has papers to grade and all KINDS of excuses. You just would not BELIEVE it! Bye bye to Emma! Hope she'll come visit you again! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. My peep and I are playing catch up here, too. Posting is no problem...visiting my peeps, that is where we fall behind. I like to read all of your updates.
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!