Thursday, March 8, 2012

Proud Lady - We have progress

People who read this blog regularly will know that we have had a battle to get Lee's nails cut. We have been working a lot on getting her to not freak out and lose her mind. We had it so she would let us cut one nail. I admit, we are both a little nervous cutting her nails. Our other dogs all went to the groomer and we are extra nervous about cutting Lee's too short and undoing all our hard work. Since we were only cutting one and not that short, they got long and things like this would happen:

Scratch from the Lee because I wasn't rubbing her tummy correctly!


We got brave and took her to get her nails cut at PetSmart. First we took her for a good run, hoping she would be tired. Then I asked them to just try to do the front nails. After looking at her file, the young woman said "Ok, we will try." I could tell she was skeptical. I felt slightly embarrassed, I can only imagine what her file says! The one groomer held the cookies the other cut and it was a miracle, while there was so crying and yelling, she did not try to pull away, she did not try and jump off the table, people did not come to the window to watch and stare. They were actually able to cut all her nails.

So proud! Will keep working on this and maybe it will get even better!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like she's doing a lot better. It's wonderful that you're handling her and practicing at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good job!! Do you normally take her for a run beforehand or is this something new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have taken her for a run before, so I don't know if that helped or not. I will probably take her for a run next time!

      Delete
  3. Good job! I need my nails cut too.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Lee: My Lady gets too excited over silly things, but thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!