Monday, September 14, 2026

Celeste and the Cosmic Kittens

 We interrupt our regular scheduled posts to just catch you up on foster life! It has been a week.

We will start with Celeste and her cosmic kittens.

Celeste (and 2 kittens not hers, who we will introduce  tomorrow), came in to our care on September 7. They had been living on the streets and the person who was feeding them caught them and gave them to the rescue. 

No one knew just how close to birth Celeste was. Tuesday night, just as I was falling asleep, Man yelled, we have kittens.

We were not prepared for this. So after a few minutes of panic (getting the other kittens out of the room, contacting the rescue and the internet), we took a breath and let Celeste do her thing. I must admit was my only help was moving the first born from the box to the tent where she had moved. 

Between 10-11:30 pm on Tuesday, September 8, Celeste welcomed 4 kittens to the world. I stayed with her, dozing on the former guest bed, until about 3:30.  I only knew we had a new kitten when it mewled. Since then, we have been checking in a few times to make sure all the babies appear to be doing well, Celeste is well and she has lots of food and water and to change the litter.

So far, so good! It has been amazing to see how fast these little kittens have grown.

4-5 hours after birth


5.5 days later - pardon the litter, it is not time to clean the room yet

We have finally given them names. It will be hard for you to see as I am respecting Celeste as much as possible. It was hard to pick gender neutral names.

The Cosmic Crew are:

Eclipse (all black one)

Quark (black and white one)

Orbit (grey one with a little white on the side)

Velocity (the other grey one)


While the Man had specifically said no pregnant cats, and I know that likely won't happen again, I am really enjoying this special time and watching Celeste be an amazing momma to very fast growing kittens!

Stay tuned for more kittens!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!