Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Travel Tuesday - North To Alaska - Days 9 and 10 - Sea to Home

Today, we wrap up my trip with my mom to Alaska this summer. 

Before we jump into the last 2 days, let's look at night 8. We had dinner in the main dining room. While dinner was great, they did not have a chocolate dessert I could have (most chocolate has soy, which I cannot eat). The only safe chocolate on the ship, was at the French restaurant, Le Bistro, so I treated myself to this rather pricey indulgence and greatly enjoyed moment. 



With a view a a wonderful sunset. 


After my dessert, I met up with mom and we went to the show (we went to the show most nights) before making the briefest appearance at the glow party. We went for like one song so we could say we went! 


Our last full day on the ship was a sea day as we cruised the inside passage before ending in Vancouver. While maybe a bit windy, it was a beautiful day. 








Because there had been no safe chocolate for me the day before, the food allergy guy saved me 3 pieces of cake for the next day. One I ate for dessert at lunch and 2 I had with dinner.




Before departing, it was one last night at the martini bar, where all the waitstaff knew our names. 

all inclusive beverage package for the win! 

Our last day started early, with a taxi to the Vancouver airport, where we sat for a long time before boarding our direct flight home. Then it was the 40 minute drive in the pouring rain to my parents. I had thought I would stay over, but my body was 4 hours behind the time, so I drove home, arriving home around 12:15 am. I realize when preparing this post there are no pictures, but really, they would not be very exciting - just an annoyed Lady sitting around lol. 

That brings us to the end of this trip.  Thanks for joining us on our non-dog adventures the past number of weeks. It has been fun to share them with you!


7 comments:

  1. fun adventures and sights and food... its good to have an UNDOG moment or two.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Thank you for sharing them... a place I have read about and watched on telly and now seen through your eyes; the only way I will ever see it!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and beautiful scenery. Not bad for a dog-free post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at martini bar LOL
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great time on your big vacation with your mom. How nice that you got to share the adventure with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K10 I enjoyed ever moment reading about the memories you and Mom made
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scenery is just beyond beautiful and the chocolate desserts sure do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!