Thursday, September 7, 2023

Poor Callie and I Was Right - By Lee

 Dear pals,

You may recall that I have a hate on for Callie's grandpa's dog Charlotte. From the first time I meet her, I have wanted to fight her. Every opportunity I have gotten, I have tried to run next door and fight her. Charlotte has always run away and hidden from me. 

A dramatic recreation from the archives

While I do really like being right, I am not as happy about it in this case.

While Lady was in Alaska, Charlotte was visiting. It seems like, Callie's kids were running and playing outside. Charlotte didn't like this so ran barking after them. Callie didn't like this so she ran after Charlotte. She may have nipped at her ankles in cattle dog style. Charlotte turned on Callie and attacked  her.


You can see the marks on her shoulder

Callie is ok. She has some wounds in her shoulder but is healing well. She is a little nervous around other dogs now, even us. Her hair is slowly growing back.

My fighting days with Charlotte may be over, because we have heard she is not invited over anymore.

I was right, Charlotte was not a friend. I am just glad Callie is ok and she and I can compare vet stories and the trials of having shaved body parts (although her shoulder makes her look cool and my head makes me look silly). 

Hailey, people should listen to me more as I know what is what

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Always trust a dog's instincts, I say... and yes, am happy to support you in the I Told You So campaign, Hailey! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx (please pass on some POTP to Callie for me...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are ok and that Callie is too, some dogs just can't get along with other dogs. they are still good dogs, they just need to be contained when around other dogs. glad it was no you that was attacked, you have enough to deal with.. congrats on being RIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Poor Callie! We are keeping our paws crossed that she heals quickly and that you all can renew your friendship again. You were right to be wary of that Charlotte. We're glad to hear she is no longer invited to their house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the delete I left out an impawtant word

    Lee I am 100000% a believer in you instincts. You knew YOU JUST knew. You were right
    Well at least everyone is now a believer and thankful neither, Callie OR you or the Neighbor children were hurt. Sincerely 100000% a believer in all Lee says and thinks
    Hugs too
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s too bad, always a sad day when a dog attack happens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!