Monday, December 11, 2017

Mischief Monday - On The Way To The Kennel

While it was reported the dogs were good at the kennel (although Phod lost some weight), drop off did not go as well.  It went something like this:

Started off fine, with Hailey harnessed in behind the passenger seat and Phod sitting behind the driver.

About 2/3 of the way there, Phod (who usually gets car sick) decided to throw up where Hailey was sitting. 

Hailey didn't like being trapped with vomit, so she chewed the harness (at first I thought she had undone it, but no, she chewed it).  I couldn't even get mad at her for it. I would not like to sit in vomit. 


I have a simple barrier to keep the dogs in the back if they are lose. Hailey popped up under it.  
I pulled over to take the picture. 

For the rest of the ride she sat sort of on the console between the driver and passenger seat. Phod stayed in the back.

The drop off itself was embarrassing. The kennel owner actually said 'what is with them today?'.  It was the first time I, the Lady, had dropped them off alone. Other times it had been both of us or the Man. As I was walking them back to the back to their 'room', Phod tried to jump into my arms repeatedly. Lee was terrified. Once we got them to their 'room' I couldn't leave without them following. The owner had to hold on for dear life while I walked away. Lee was screaming and Phod was barking. By the time I got back to the front (where they couldn't see me) with the dog food they had settled, but they did a really good job at making me feel very bad for leaving them! Sigh!

We are hoping next summer when we travel, they will be able to stay with Uncle Chris so we won't have the same trauma!









13 comments:

  1. That's always heart breaking. We were blessed when my niece got a job at a combo daycare/boarding place. The girls love it there. Katy hadn't been crazy about the previous places we'd tried since our original farm care closed.

    When we went to pick them up last time my shy reserved Katy didn't want to leave. That's NEVER happened.

    Have hope the girl's comfy place may still be out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear me....K10 I'm sorry I know it was traumatic for all 3 of you.
    I must say...this story sounds exactly like what I'm told happened to me on my first day of
    day care. Except I was not harnessed and didn't throw up. But I did scream bloody murder until I couldn't see my mom any more then I'm told I turned into a sweet child.
    LOL Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh, oh noes: traumatic times for everyone. Sounds like it was really rough, but as usual the calm followed the storm and surely the homecoming will be a grand one ... enjoy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor babies. Kicking hooves and coughs. I have to admit we all do kind of the same here at the Hotel Thompson. Just our little way of showing our dislike of not being with our humans. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari om
    Oh dear... parting is such sweet sorrow! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lightning has to be tethered in the back of the SUV because he manages to pop the release on the seat belt contraption. When we have to go to the kennel, Mom tries to have enough time to make two trips. It works out best if she takes zany Lightning alone as he is a total basket case in the car:(

    Phod and Hailey really didn't want you to leave them - we think that is very sweet.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes!! Sounds like a ruff time for everyone!!! That sounds like how Nymeria would have acted...she already screams and whines when we get dropped off at doggy daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, thank cod you don't have to kennel them very often. What an ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha that's what I love about a small dog. So much easier to travel with her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness, not fun for any of you. Definitely the Man's turn next time!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness! Reminds me of when I had to leave my son at daycare!
    I would feel guilty all day! I bet it was tough to leave!
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you know all dogs are travel agents in fur...ready, willing and able to send their uprights on guilt trips especially for leaving them at the dog hotel. 😇

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Oh no, that sounds very terrible for everyone involved!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!