Monday, July 24, 2017

Mischief Monday - A Horrible, Terrible Day by Zaphod

Dear friends,

You all know I am one of the best dogs ever and have ruined the Lady for other dogs because I am so good. However, my wonderfulness did not allow me to escape a horrible, terrible day, all constructed by her.

It started Thursday morning. After a nice walk, I wasn’t given breakfast. Lady went about her morning routine and didn’t feed us. I was suspicious. Then when it was time for her to leave, she told me I had to come with her too. Hailey and Emma got to stay behind. I was extra suspicious as she coaxed me into the car. I really didn’t want to get in, but I wanted to make my Lady happy so I slowly got in. I showed her and threw up in her car.

Finally, 87 million years later, we arrived at our destination. I was very excited to get out of the car and smell a new place. I was excited to go into the building and then I realized where I was. I was spending the day at camp.

While the people at camp were nice, I spent the whole day staring out the window waiting for my Lady to come back. I didn’t play. The people gave me lots of pets. I was polite with the other dogs, I sniffed some butts and everything but mainly I just stared out the window. Finally another 87 million hours later, Lady came back. She saw me through the window. I was so excited. When they called my name, I raced to the door to see her.

When I finally was reunited with my Lady I was as excited as I ever am. I jumped up, wrapped my paws around her and gave her a big hug. She laughed.  Then we went back in the car.

After a short drive we ended up at a place I kind of recognized. Lady didn’t take me into a building, we went for a walk. This was the best part of the day. Lady realized I had never been on a walk with her in the city before. I didn’t know there could be soooooo many cars. I didn’t know there could be so little green. It was very interesting and I enjoyed sniffing away.

We got back to the car and went into the building. I realized where I was. I was at the V-E-T. Everyone in the waiting room loved me, and gave me love. They all said what a nice dog I was. A dog snapped at me when I said hi and his people were mortified and I was confused. I was a good boy and sat on the scale. I got a drink of water cause I was very hot from our walk (it was in the 90s) and finally I went into an exam room with the Lady.

The vet, Woody (who Lady has known for almost 24 years) came in. While I didn’t like everything he did (why did he need to shove things up my bum?) he gave me some pets and food. I was starving. I actually went over to where the jar of treats were and sniffed the air and begged for more. Woody was nice and gave me more. 

Lady and Woody talked and I could tell some of it was serious. Then Woody took my leash and started leading me through the back door. I didn’t want to go. I turned and gave the saddest eyes I could to my Lady (editor's note - Lady's heart cracked in that moment) and she pretended she was coming with me so I would go.

After another 87 million years I got to leave the back with a bandage on my paw and go back to my Lady. We had to wait in this horrible place for ‘a bill’ and then we went home. I was so excited to be in the car I didn't throw up. When we got home

 I was so, so tired. After a nice dinner I just slept.

That was my horrible, terrible day.

Tomorrow, Lady will take the blog back and talk about what she and Woody plotted.


your pal, Phod

27 comments:

  1. oh phod I guessed ... no breakfast? that smells like the vet place.... I hope the Lady and Dr. Woody talked about very good things and she has good news to share tomorrow. Guess what? I would love to live in a big city... I always get a treat when we see a car, so I will not bark or jump at that rolling cages.... imagine to live in a big city with many cars... 500 treats per minute I bet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I knew what was coming there... I hope everything that Lady and Dr Woody are plotting goes to plan and all is well with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Phod....I'm making up a room for you now. If you can slip slide away come on down to NC...Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the no breakfast thing is a dead giveaway.
    Dear Phod, we are so sorry you had such a dreadful day, we we know you can trust Lady and it will all have been in your best interests - at least that's what Gail always says about these V-E-T visits.
    Sending hugs and hoping you're OK.
    Bertie and Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phod, I am sorry you had a hard day and hope that today is much better. Please remember that the Lady loves you. I'm sure Thursday was as hard for her as it was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no sweet friend. I do hope everything is okay. The V.E.T. is always the culprit when only one of us gets to leave the house. Shaking my head. And I agree with you. Why invade my Captain's Quarters. That's private area. Jeez. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of your horrible day. My momma does the same thing to me. Twice now I have been a "drop off". Hope your feeling ok!!!

    Puppy Growls,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. No breakfast, all day without your Lady, and THEN the V-E-T?!?! That's just...inhumane. How could Lady DO that to you?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Lady is plotting something for you? That doesn't sound good. If there is another day without breakfast make sure you hide somewhere they can't find you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, oh! That doesn't sound good. You'd better practice your hiding technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh . . . when it rains it pours! Why so many injustices in one day? What did you ever do to HER,right Phod?! We hope there is a good explanation for starving and abandoning you!;p

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phod, we cannot believe your Lady was so sinister like that! That was so sneaky!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweetie you are, I'm sorry you we're missing your Lady so much that you didn't get to play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cammie told me to ALWAYS be suspicious if we aren't given breakfast! We hope you're OK!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a mean trick. All those fun things and then ending up at the Vet's. SHEESH! No breakfast and solo car trips are never a good omen. Glad you survived. (Great use of sad eyes.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - what an awful day for you, Phod - well, except for the walkie in the city. I can't wait to hear more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, the deception at getting you to the V.E.T. I think it's criminal but I hope you're okay now. Ear and butt scratches for your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Skipped meals are never a good sign! But we think your day could have been much worse, Phod. We hope your Lady will have good things to report.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Starting the day with no foodables is NEVER good. We are glad you got to see the city, but sad you had to spend some time in jail with the other dogs. We are sending happy healing thoughts for you.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  20. No Breakfast!!! hope all is ok Phod. sending you some good pug juju!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crikey Phod ..... that no breakfast thing is a dead give away, aye?? Nothing good comes when there's no breakfast!! Sorry you had such a crap day!! AND I want to know why those VET blokes stick things up my bum too. Surely that's not necessary!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGoodness, P. That WAS a horrible and terrible day. I do not like mystery or surprises. Or the vet or bandages. Paws crossed that there's a happy ending to this story. *gulp*

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  23. Doctor are no fun for us human or I would guess for the four leg friends either.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Phod, we are so sorry you had such a horrible day and we are sad your paw hurts, healing purrs and POTP it gets all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. No breakfast and a trip to the vet sounds like the worst of days. Hope you are recovering Phod. Nose licks and love from Moth xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! That sounds like a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day indeed. I am so sorry for your bad day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!