Monday, October 3, 2016

Mischief Monday - Put The Computer Down

September was probably the craziest work month I have had in years. Words can't describe how crazy it was. I am so glad it is over!

Last week I worked until 8 pm 4/5 nights and then was at a workshop all day Saturday and a half day Sunday. I came home from the workshop yesterday, ate a quick lunch and got back to work. Add to this craziness that I now go to the gym to meet my trainer 2 mornings a week, and I am taking a course. It is going to be a busy fall, but I think it will get easier, and we will get to visit you all more soon (I keep saying that so someday it will happen!)

Hailey showed her displeasure of my being busy on my work at home day on Wednesday. It was a beautiful autumn day, and she did not want to come in. She just laid down in the sun and wouldn't move. I wish we could have sat out there for hours, but I had a Skype consult so I had to drag her in. 


Many of you commented on 5 am yesterday. In general I have to be up between 5-5:30 if I want the dogs to have a good walk (we walk almost 3 km- 4 km/1.8m-2.4m a morning), then I need to eat, get ready and generally I am leaving the house by 7 or shortly after. In an ideal situation I am home around 6:30, but usually one or two nights a week it is later. For example, this week I won't be home until after 7:30 one night and 9:30 pm another. Thankfully, I am a morning person, so that helps. It is just how I have set up my life, long hours, long commute and fortunately I have a job I adore.  

I didn't know there was time after 10 pm.

Do the dogs care about the headlamp being on and off? Hailey doesn't seem to care, she is on a mission either way. Phod wants it on, but even then is not as confident. 

26 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Life can do that, eh? One time we are sitting wondering what there is to do and then the next thing we know it is all happening at once! That's fine - as long as you're coping. Sending hugs. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your Lady gets a L O T accomplished between 5 and 7 am. I bet she sleeps like a log when she can get to bed.

    Hailey enjoy that sun on your deck. I fear it is short lived. Need to store up your Vit D
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I do that too sometimes... mostly with the mama because I know she can't pick me up to carry me away :o) we cross our paws that october will be a better month for you... it would be sad if you could enjoy the beautiful colors only in the light of a headlamp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some of my Dachshund stubbornness is rubbing off on Hailey. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet friend. We know about this weird work hours. Our mom has been disappearing at all weird early times and coming home late. It's the pits I tell you. She even dragged daddy with her to work this past weekend. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie would lay out and bask in the sun all day long if she could!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom wishes she had your Lady's motivation! Great job Lady and kudos to you for fitting in the gym.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 AM until 9:30 at night? That's a long day, for both you and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a long schedule! Don't you get to work from home quite a bit? Kudos for fitting ol' Alex into that busy schedule!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. A long busy day indeed. And the gym! I must say that I, Bertie, am loving having Gail at home more, now that her work hours have been reduced due to the downturn in the oil industry. Every cloud has a silver lining.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Mom has the opposite problem - trying to find things to fill in her day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope things calm down for you in October! I am an early riser, too, but Ruby refuses to go out until it's light out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. we are early risers too - usually up before 6 even on the weekends thanks to Mabel
    Don't wear yourself out!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. As long as you 'adore' your job. SHE is so happy 'those' days are behind HER. Hope your schedule gets a bit looser soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my mouses! You HAVE been SUPER busy, for sure. Make sure you set aside a little time for enjoyin' a nip mouse, or two. I always find stuff like that relaxin' and I'm sure you would, too.

    Purrs,
    Seville.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my mouses! You HAVE been SUPER busy, for sure. Make sure you set aside a little time for enjoyin' a nip mouse, or two. I always find stuff like that relaxin' and I'm sure you would, too.

    Purrs,
    Seville.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for answering my question. I like my free time and evenings and weekends. Hope you get some of those soon. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so busy! I get tired just thinking about it!
    Your Furrend
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jakey can be just as stubborn about sunbathing!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Having a job that you adore helps with the stress, long hours and in your case, a long commute. My dad does that too, more so in another job when he worked for a major accounting and advisory company but he found that the grind prevented him from spending time with the things that he loved the most. Fast forward, different job, different company and we have our dad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Things are crazy busy here too. But not 5AM busy! I'm glad that you love your job so much. That makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That autumn sun does feel soooooooo good, Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just reading about your schedule makes me tired! Hope you get a chance to sit in the sun with Hailey before winter arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. People say we can't talk.
    Clearly Hailey is telling you something.

    Advise from this dog, "Remember to take time to breath & be."

    Nose nudges,
    CEO Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't you just love the great white north and trying t walk dogs in the morning? Cinnamon can't run (I won't let her) so we end up walking almost twice as far so she can get the exercise she is used to. I am lucky in that I can take her to work with me and she gets to go out during the morning, a big ball chase at lunch time and we go for a linger walk after work at the park on the way home. Then I will take her for another walk at dusk. I am dreading December and January (if she is still here with me and not back in Midway) as it rains almost incessantly and walking in a torrential downpour in the dark is not a whole lot of fun.
    Cheers!
    Nellie's Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!