Monday, January 22, 2024

Mischief Monday - Abandoned - Days 1 and 2- by Phod

 Dear pals,

I am writing to tell you the most horrible thing that has ever happened in my life. I have been abandoned. It started Friday when Man brought out the suitcase. I knew something terrible was coming. 

I was so upset with the packing I went to sulk


Saturday morning, Lady headed out to pickleball and then the Man left and I was alone for 87 million hours (editor's note - maybe about an hour).  I have hardly been able to settle since. Lady says the Man is on a cruise with Uncle Chris and won't be back for over a week. How am I going to survive? 

Here are some of the horrible things that have happened since Man left us.

Watching Man pack

Lady took us for walks and to play in the snow. But it was very cold and my paws hurt and I couldn't play like I wanted. Once we happened to be out with Callie and some of her people were walking by and I had to say hi and get pets. 

Lady made sure there was a warm fire all the time, but I don't like to lie by it. 

I don't want to be by the fire

Lady making a roast beef and using that instead of a topper for my dinner (ok, maybe that isn't too horrible).

Lady having a movie night and offering me human treats. 

Lady getting up and taking me out at 4:30 am because I was so stressed and even though she took me out multiple times before bed, I wouldn't poop. 

Lady has even tried to play with me

Lady not making pancakes, making a fruit crisp instead and me having to have softie as a topper for Sunday breakfast.

Me having to bark at the Amazon driver who was delivering greenies as Lady forgot to get some when she was last out and she wanted to make sure we had some. 

Playing in the snow

Lady running the robot vacuum in the bedroom (because my hair has broken the other one) and locking me out of my closet and then going and having a bath. I had to whine and carry on during her entire bath. I stood and stared at her and whined and whined. She said it was not relaxing. 

This isn't right, my whole pack should be with me. Lady says it is going to be a long week. 

Waiting for Man to return


Your pal the abandoned and stressed out Phod

Lady's note: The reason I am still home is because we don't want to board the dogs if we don't have to.  They are both ok, but their ages are showing. I have arranged my work life to work at home all week, so the dogs don't have to go to camp and won't be alone more than a few hours. (I have pickleball twice and will likely need to go get some food and run some other errands). I did not agree to have Emma, to help keep things as normal and calm as possible. I have also tried to keep the schedule. I hope he adjusts to this. He is very rigid in his old age. 

10 comments:

  1. Dear Phod, we know that it is hard to adjust to different circumstances later in life, but we can see that while Man has done this terrible thing by going away for a week, Lady is doing her level best to keep thing right for you. Gail thinks you might show a bit of appreciation. I'd say that's entirely up to you.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we agree with you... our pack has to stay with us... but at least you can milk that happening to the max with sad puppy looks and lots of sad noises....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    OMD, Zaphod, what was that Man thinking??? Leaving the Lady to have to cope like that??? ....what....oh, you meant YOU were the one being done wrong by? Hmmmmmm, we might have to have a long aunty-nephew chat about that..... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx (who keeps everything crossed for Lady having not to stressy a week!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau said to tell you he feels your pain. he wants everyone present and accounted for. he is very rigid in his routine because so is mama and daddy. each of us has our thing and that is it. mama serves breakfast 3 amdaddy serve dinner at 3pm. he goes out 8 times a day at mostly the same times each day.. he will be sound asleep and at 10 am, he pops awake and goes to the kitchen. it is mamas snack time. sorry you are abandoned and I know Lady is to. good look Lady!
    yes, it has been cold here. we had 4 days now, 2 days woke up to 42 F and 2 at 48. today we will arm up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phod I 100% understand every single worry you have. I like a routine too. I do think you have some very good positives...roast beef yummy. I am very thankful Lady is keeping your world as it should be. Without added visitors. I know you miss Man....but at least it isn't as long as it used to be. Hugs to you, Lee and your devoted Lady
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Phod! We sure hope the week goes fast and the Man will be back home soon. It sounds like the Lady is doing the best she can to make you as happy as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must tell lady she has to share your stress if she lets this happen . You are in this together. plus Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry so many things are going on, hut extra treats make up for a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a tough life, Phod, but we are glad you are managing so well:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! This all sounds Very Terrible indeed! Apart from the parts that don't sound terrible. I think our people should never leave! It is good that your Lady stayed. I hope you make it through the week! I hope you get more beef! I hope you get more play in the snow and less cold paws!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!