Thursday, November 2, 2023

Favourite Place To Sleep - by Phod

Dear pals,

You use to find me sleeping by the front door, or on a bed near my people. I especially liked a bed in Lady's office. However, over the spring and summer I found the perfect place to sleep, day or night. In my people's closet. Specifically, at the back under Man's sweaters. 

Because I was getting so much hair on Man's sweaters and clean ones were having to be re-washed, Lady moved the good ones up top and put some old clothes at the bottom.  Lady and Man have accepted this is my nap spot, as you can see, they have put a blanket in there for me to sleep on. 


It is dark and cosy, and very quiet. Lady and Man miss me because I am in the closet a lot, but I am happy there, so they leave me be.

Question: Do you have a favourite nap place?

Your friend, Handsome Phod

 

9 comments:

  1. Beau took over the bed that lives under the clothes in the walk in closet. the bed was put there, not the same bed, a bed, for Baby Girl who found it to be her safe place. she slept there all night, and a lot during the day. the bed has OLD long clothes and short good clothes over it. since 2002, there has been a bed, and Big Boy and Beau slept/sleep there some of the night. Beau likes that first and then he moves to the bed by my side of the bed. during the day he is always in the living room with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been inside the closet before, Phod. I need to have mom open the door so that I can check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use an extra bedroom as a home office, where I still do hang out-of-season jackets. Our old borderish-colliesh, liked to sleep there, so I took off the accordion door and hung three-quarter length curtains (which look silly to everyone else), so he could enter and exit easily. The curtain are still up, although he's no longer here to use his special spot. Phod has the same good sense as Rags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    I am delighted to see that you have the peeps well-tuned to your requirements, Phoddy! Fab spot - I like a dark 'courie-in' sort of place too! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a very sensible arrangement, and well done to Lady and Man for making the necessary adjustments to the contents of the closet. Where I like to nap depends on the weather (I do like a sun puddle) and the availability of Gail's lap.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look like a quiet and cozy place for a nap, Phod. Our favorite place to nap is on the big bed with our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dearest Phod, You sleep where you are most comfortable my friend. I have my own place that is most comfortable to me, now I just have to turn off the phone, so I can finish a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like floor to sleep on.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!