Monday, April 11, 2016

Mischief Monday - But I Am Such A Good Boy - By Zaphod

Dear Pals,

As you know, I am a very good boy. I try very hard to make my people happy. But I must have done something wrong because on the weekend, the most horrible thing happened.

It started Friday night when Lady gave me a pill. Then Saturday morning I didn't get breakfast. I was all excited when Lady took me out, I thought I was going to get to play ball, but instead, I had to get in the car. I had to get into the backseat (that is Hailey's spot). I knew something was up because Hailey was screaming inside the house and the Man was not with us.

We went for a shortish drive to a new vet clinic. We love our regular vet, but he is an hour away and Lady thought I would appreciated only a 25 minute drive. We got to the new clinic and I made it mine by peeing on the bags of food you can see in the corner.


I was a very good boy and got on the scale. I weigh 75 lbs. I was friendly with everyone (the staff, other visitors), people loved me,  but I was nervous. Lady hasn't seen me shake like that. I made the exam room my own by peeing on the blind and window. The vet tech wasn't pleased with me (or Lady for letting me, not that she really was letting me). I was a good boy when they put the thermometer where it shouldn't go. I was a good boy while the vet, Dr. L. checked me out. 

I had to go to the vet because I have a hot spot that will not heal. Dr. L. said I might have developed allergies. Lady can't think of what has changed, but maybe like her, I have developed something. (You can read about the Lady trying to figure out her gut at http://hobbiesincludelaundry.blogspot.ca). Dr. L. said the spring and summer is a hard time to figure out allergies, so we should just treat it locally with cream and if need be come fall, start doing elimination things. 

Even though I was a super good boy and didn't get sick in the car, and was nice to everyone, the following happened. 



The Man had to clean my ear and put my cream on it because I have been scratching it

Lady you don't need to show the world my private parts

I have turned the skin black from licking it. The vet says it may be black forever.

Now the very, very, very, very, very, very, very worst thing ever:


When I am alone, and Lady can't say stop licking (I always do), I have to wear the cone of shame.
What I learned that even if you are a very good boy, sometimes really bad things happen to you. Lady and Man tried to make it up to me with treats and ball. I was so stressed and needed love, that during our traditional Saturday afternoon bed nap, instead of sleeping on the floor, like I usually do, I slept between the Man and Lady at an angle so I could be touching both of them. I hope this horribleness stops soon. 


29 comments:

  1. Buddy I always water the food bags, the door and the heater at the vet, that is impawtant I'm totally with you :o) I have the same red spots between my legs and we tried efurrything to treat that... the vet said we have to look where I lift my leg, because it's caused by contact with evil plants. the staff now tries to stop only at light poles, hydrants or nekked trees, but that is a challenge, we mostly fail.... welll ya know we boys will be boys, right? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dearest Phod, that does look a very sore patch you've got there, I hope it gets better soon. Butt, the cone of shame, *sigh* I do feel for you big fella, I hope that disappears soon as well
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an Elizabethan collar. Dogs have gotten to wear these since the time of Queen Elizabeth. You are very lucky to have earned one of these. Wear it with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the cone of shame - evil things they are (ps the new soft cones are much better and do less damage around the house)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the vet office shouldn't put dog food on the floor in dog's reach (you know what I mean). That's their fault you peed on it.

    Sorry about the cone of shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Phod, we are so very sorry you had to endure such torture, even after being such a good boy!! Arty feels your pain about the itchies and hope they go away real soon!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow after all the trauma a lamp shade! Maybe mom will buy you a soft donut one. No more licking
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Phod, I'm sorry you had to go through the scary vet visit and have to wear the cone of shame! I hope your hot spot will heal quickly.
    It should get better...hang in there, Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand! I've been wearing this stupid hat for more than a week. At least it's the soft kind so I can eat by myself. Mom says I only have a couple more days till my stitches come out and I get to be free again.
    Fudge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand! I've been wearing this stupid hat for more than a week. At least it's the soft kind so I can eat by myself. Mom says I only have a couple more days till my stitches come out and I get to be free again.
    Fudge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no they didn't! I can't believe they put you in the cone of shame for being a good boy. I think by leaving pee mail at the new clinic you were providing a valuable service for all the other puppers; by letting them know if they will in good hands or not. Well done Phod. Hope you hot spots clear up soon.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zaphod... we are glad that you made all areas of the Dogtor's Office YOUR OWN... That is a MUST DO... Right?
    How else would anybuddy KNOW that PHOD WAS HERE ????

    BUTT we are SOOOOOO sorry to hear that you had to go there at all... and that Horrid ITCHING.... I (Ernie the Attorney) can totally relate to THAT... maybe you could get some designer waters like I now have.
    We are sending you POTP fur the Itchies to STOP and crossed paws that you will not have to endure the Cone of Shame for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Not the cone of shame!!! Hope you feel better real fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phod ...bless your heart. I don't have skin stuff but my mom does and she says it can make you miserable. I'm sorry about the cone of shame but lets hope the hot spot clears quickly.
    Hugs and purrs
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  15. You poor guy! My son't dog has allergies and it is a constant struggle, especially during spring. If you come up with anything that works well, let me know!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Phod, that's not nice at ALL!! After you were such a GOOD boy, to be treated that way! BUT these things usually are for the best, much as we hate them. I hope your hot spot heals up super quick and you can get out of that cone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Phod, I am very very sad about this for BOTH OF US!! This is my story too these past few weeks. I've been scratching my face. Now I have to wear a baby sock when Mom is watching me and the cone when she has to leave. Allergies are a nightmare. Hang in there, buddy. I hope we're both cone (and baby sock) free soon.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no, da cone of shame! Do ya at least get HBO resepshun wif dat thing?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hari OM
    Crikey Phod, that's a horror story! But I think that you're being good will mean that the cone will not be on so much. POTP to you darling dog. hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh haphod, that looks sore. We hope the medicine helps. Maybe you got bit by a bug and are having an allergic reaction. That used to happen to one of Mom's dogs from a long time ago.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  21. How could they do that to you after you were so nice. Sorry about that.
    Hope it clears up so you do not have to wear the cone for long
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMD, we are really sorry to hear you have a hot spot and have to wear that cone of shame! Hopefully the dogtur will figure it out. I mean you did give them a urine specimen so they can test! Happy National Pet Day!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no ! Though considering what they did to you, watering their stuff was totally justified.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no! The lampshade?!?!? So totally unfair! Maybe your peeps will get you a Comfy Cone. They aren't quite as bad. Still bad, but not AS bad.
    I hope your hot spot clears up soon!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poor guy! Nola gets awful hotspots if she eats something with corn or soy in it. It's not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, poor Phod. Allergies are the worst, and I hate that you have to suffer with a cone, of all things! But remember that your humans are trying to help you - they have good hearts, Phod. Lots of us develop allergies later in life. I did and so did R. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Phod, we're sorry this happened to you. I think the v-e-t means the place where bad things happen to good dogs! Hope you feel better soon!

    Halo the Wonder Dog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh bless you. I hope it clears up soon. Have you tried putting on pants so you can't get to it? Would save you from the cone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!